Star rapper Nas’s promoter Patrick Allocco, 51, along with his son is trapped in Angola!
It was reported by the NY Post that Nas was paid $315,000 in advance to perform in Angola’s capital city Luanda for the New Year and never boarded his plan to show up.
Angolan businessman and concert promoter Henrique Miguel of Casa Blanca Entertainment was not at all happy about Nas not paying up and has held Patrick and his son captive for over a month.
The Alloccos tried to flee to the U.S. Embassy once they realized Nas would be absent and were quickly interrupted by a gang of Henrique followers armed with AK-47s.
As reported by the NY Post:
A New Jersey father and son have been held captive in a hotel in the southern African nation for 44 days and counting after New York City rapper Nas skipped out on a concert there.
Nas, along with budding rapper Jemiah Jai, reportedly pocketed $315,000 in advance — but never boarded a plane to perform New Year’s shows in Luanda, the capital. That left American concert promoter Patrick Allocco, 51, and his son Patrick, 22, of Morristown, NJ, stuck in a nightmarish dispute with a furious Angolan promoter and his gun-toting henchmen.
“That they’re being held for something that somebody else did is preposterous,” said worried wife and mother Abby Allocco.
On New Year’s Eve, when the duo realized the show would not happen, they hopped in a cab and rushed to the American Embassy. Instead of stopping at the embassy, the driver pulled up in front of a supermarket.
“Dad, this isn’t good,” the son whispered. “Let’s get out of here.”
They jumped out and tried to pry open the trunk to grab their luggage. It was too late. About 20 thugs armed with AK-47s encircled their taxi.
“Wait, wait,” snarled the thugs, some clad in T-shirts with Angolan promoter Henrique Miguel’s company name, Casa Blanca Entertainment.
One gunman grabbed young Patrick and smashed his head into an SUV, and both men were shoved into the back seat, the Alloccos said in a phone interview with The Post.
“We are going to die,” Allocco’s son said.
The Alloccos were interrogated by local cops in Portuguese and then the DNIC, the country’s federal investigation arm.
“Is Nas going to come?” the sole English-speaking officer demanded. “Why don’t you call him and tell him to come? We still want him to come here.”
The pair was finally released after 6 1/2 hours but told they couldn’t leave the country, despite never being charged with a crime. Their passports had already been taken by officials when they entered the country, they said.
A public prosecutor said the junior Allocco could leave if they repaid $300,000, Allocco said. The Angolan promoter wants $75,000 more.
They claim they cannot pay demands with their own money because their $100,000 reserve has been depleted by $40,000 in phone calls to American authorities and by paying for necessities.
Three weeks into the ordeal, on Jan. 23, Nas finally forked over his $300,000 advance, Allocco said, but Jemiah Jai won’t return the $15,000 she received.
The Alloccos remain shut-ins at the Epic Sana Hotel, a no-frills joint with hot water, electricity and two beds — for $500 a night.
“Don’t ever leave a hotel again. You’re a target,” hotel employees warned.
The duo formally applied for refuge at the US Embassy on Jan. 23 but were denied by the State Department, whose top requirement is the risk of serious harm.
Allocco says his beef is with Nas. “He put us in real harm, in real possible danger,” Allocco said.
We know that this situation must be overwhelming for Patrick and his son. Hopefully something is done to get them out of this mess immediately.
SOURCE: NY POST