Meagan Good’s glowing skin and devilishly good looks, coupled up with her acting skills, have assured the actress longevity in her acting career since her days on the Disney Channel’s Cousin Skeeter. But now she is taking on new roles in new realms, and there is probably a little more to be known about the California girl.
In her newest role in NBC’s Deception, Meagan plays Joanna Locasto, a detective who returns undercover to the wealthy family she grew up in as the maid’s daughter to solve the murder of the notorious heiress, who was once her closest friend.
Sounds like a whole lot of secrets are about to be let out of the bag on the series, so in spirit of learning new things, here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Meagan Good sponsored by Deception on NBC.
1. If sitcoms were real life, Meagan’s character would be able to call in Olivia Pope of Scandal and her team, including actor Columbus Short, whom Meagan has known since she was 10 years old. Turns out acting gigs really do come full circle.
2. Meg is no newbie to the game, the beauty has been acting since she was just 4 years old. She started out in small commercials and quickly catapulted her career to sitcoms and eventually movies. She has been in over 60 commercials to date.
3. Prior to Whitney Houston’s death, Meagan said in an interview that she would love to play the songstress. She said in a 2011 interview: “Right now, I’m focused on doing Whitney Houston’s life story. That’s my personal dream role. I grew up with Ray J. I know a lot of people that know her. I think it’s something that can definitely be a realization should I sit down with her and start developing it.”
4. Lil Wayne taught Meagan Good “How To Love.” The beauty is rumored to have dated Lil Wayne for 3 years before eventually calling it quits.
5. Weezy aside, Meagan has finally found real love with her recently wed husband DeVon Franklin and cites getting married as “the best thing she has ever done in her entire life.”
In a recent interview with GlobalGrind she said: “It’s funny because people think I am really bigging it up, but it is really the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. He is really an amazing guy and person and I couldn’t have been more blessed. We get each other, we are best friends, we talk about everything, we are open and we just have fun together and we enjoy life the same way. I feel like I’ve got my partner on this journey now and he has my back and I have his. It’s fun. It makes you feel like a kid and gives you a new way of looking at life.”
Learn a little more about Meagan Good by playing a game of two truths and a lie with the starlet in our exclusive unit. Then tune into Deception every Monday on NBC at 10/9c, but not before catching up with the premiere here.