CLOSE
Leave a comment

UPDATE: Tuesday 10:00 AM EST

For the latest updates regarding the Boston bombings, click below:

PHOTOS: The Boston Marathon Twin Bombings: What We Know So Far 

——–

UPDATE: 1:10 AM EST

The name of the 8-year-old boy who died today in the Boston Marathon bombings is Martin Richard, according to the Boston Globe.

Martin lived in the Ashmont section of Dorchester, the Globe is reporting. He was the son of William and Denise Richard of Carruth Street in Dorchester.

Denise Richard and a daughter are in the hospital with grievous injuries; another daughter was unharmed.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

——–

UPDATE: 12:55 AM EST

According to Reuters, the Pakistani Taliban – who claimed responsibility for botched NYC Times Square bombing – say they are not responsible for Boston bombing.

——–

UPDATE: 12:16 AM EST

The police who were gathered at an apartment building in Revere have left the scene.

It is unclear if they found anything that might link back to the bombings.

——–

UPDATE: 11:52 PM EST

According to The Boston Herald, officers from the Boston Police Department have descended on an apartment complex.

Boston police and a cadre of federal officials descended on an Ocean Avenue apartment complex in Revere last night.

In addition to two Boston Police K-9 units and a bomb squad unit, a large contingent of federal agents from the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, as well as Homeland Security investigations and state police had assembled at the two buildings.

——–

UPDATE: 11:25PM EST

A video has been posted of a camera held by a runner as the runner came into the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

——–

UPDATE: 10:00 PM EST

Pete J. Fagenholz, MD from Massachusetts General Hospital is now reporting on the victims injuries. He confirms that he has operated on six and has had no patients under 18. His oldest patient was 71.

“I have never seen this volume of patients,” he said.

Fagenholz also confirmed that most victims have injuries to their lower extremities. Eight victims are in critical condition and the most severe came within the first 15 minutes of the blast. Fagenholz says that those lower limb injuries include bone, tissue and vascular wounds.

One of the first 911 calls reporting the blasts has also been released.

——–

UPDATE: 8:45 PM EST

Gov. Deval Patrick say “Over a hundred people were injured, some gravely.”

The FBI has taken the lead of the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing, a criminal investigation that is a potential terrorism investigation.

The city of Boston will be open for business tomorrow with heightened security and security check points.

Police commissioner confirms at least three people are dead. There is no suspect at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, there are people the police talking to.

The next briefing will be held tomorrow, Tuesday morning, at 9:30 AM EST.

——–

UPDATE: 8:36 PM EST

According to the Wall Street Journal officials found what they believe are five additional, undetonated explosive devices in Boston.

Sources are also saying the death toll from the Boston Marathon bombing is now at 3.

——–

UPDATE: 7:45 PM EST

Authorities are currently questioning a person of interest in Boston Marathon bombings at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

The number of people injured has jumped to 132. Doctors are reporting 10 patients had to get amputations. Doctors are pulling ball-bearings out of people in the ER, suggesting bombs were designed to propel shrapnel.

Reuters is also reporting injuries sustained by the children in the bombings.

——–

UPDATE: 6:45 PM EST

Although President Barack Obama did not use the word “terrorism,” in his address to the nation regarding the Boston Marathon twin bombings, a White House Senior Official says that “any event with multiple blasts is terror,” therefore the blasts will be handled as an “act of terror.”

——–

UPDATE: 6:30 PM EST

A law enforcement official has confirmed that one of two people killed in today’s explosions was an 8-year-old. Eight of the 110 people injured in the blasts were children.

——–

UPDATE: 5:50 PM EST

An individual has been arrested in Boston, however, it is unclear if he is a suspect. The individual is said to be surrounded by five officers and might have emerged from a white van.

——–

UPDATE: 5:30 PM EST

President Barack Obama talks on the phone with FBI Director Robert Mueller to receive an update on the explosions that occurred in Boston, in the Oval Office:

PHOTO CREDIT: White House 

——–

UPDATE: 5:20 PM EST

The Boston Globe has just released graphic video of the explosion.

Boston Police are also confirming that the incident at the JFK Library appears to be fire related.

———

UPDATE: 4:55 PM EST

Boston Police Department says they are looking for yellow Penske truck that attempted to approach the area with “medical supplies.

Ed Davis of the Boston Police Department confirms that the third explosion at the JFK library is believed to be related.

Cellphone service has also been shut down in Boston to prevent remote detonations of explosives,

href=”http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official-cellphone-service-shut-down-boston”>official says.

NBC is reporting that some Marathon Runners that crossed finish line, continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to the injured.

———

UPDATE: 4:45 PM EST

Boston Globe is reporting that two dead, 100 were injured in the blasts.

Boston Police Department also has surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site.

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has released a statement:

“This is a horrific day in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured. I have been in touch with the President, Mayor Menino and our public safety leaders. Our focus is on making sure that the area around Copley Square is safe and secured. I am asking everyone to stay away from Copley Square and let the first responders do their jobs.”

———

UPDATE: 4:31 PM EST

Another suspicious package was reported near the Harvard University. Boston Police also confirmed another explosion at JFK Library.

———

UPDATE: 4:20 PM EST

An intelligence official says that two more explosive devices have been found at the Boston Marathon. They are currently being dismantled. Officials are 

The New York Times has also released a map that details the exact location where the bombs exploded.

The 26th mile of the marathon was to honor the victims of the Newtown shooting.

A group of parents from Newtown, Conn. ran in the marathon in memory of the 26 people killed in the mass shooting there in December. Laura Nowacki (far right) says “We’re all parents. We’re Sandy Hook parents. We’re also runners and we are here to run 26 miles for 26 lives.” Nowacki’s daughter survived the shooting.

———

UPDATE: 4:10 PM EST

Boston police are now confirming that two people have died, 28 were injured, in the explosions.

Law enforcement officials who spoke to NBC are also reporting that the explosion came from at least one small IED (homemade bomb).

———

UPDATE: 3:50 PM EST

The Boston Marathon released a statement via Facebook and Twitter that confirms that, “two bombs” did, in fact, explode.


A device was found in a trash barrel near the scene of the blasts. The Boston Police have called in all off-duty officers.

According to officers, thousands of runners have started to suffer from hypothermia. The Boston Police Department is having trouble orchestrating an evacuation.

It is also being reported that President Obama has been notified and the administration has pledged whatever assistance is necessary during this time of need.

———

UPDATE: 3:45 PM EST

Vice President Joe Biden has released a statement regarding the Boston Marathon bombings:

“Our prayers are with those people in Boston who have suffered injuries. I don’t know how many there are.”

Boston.com sports producer Steve Silva was near the finish line when the explosions occurred near the intersection of Boylston and Exeter streets. He explains what he saw.

“I was there at the finish, shooting finish line scenes, and then bang, it just went off, and then less than 15 to 20 seconds after there was a second explosion, closer to Fairfield street,” Silva said.
“It was just immediately [evident] there were injuries, right in the middle of the spectator crowds. There was blood everywhere, there were victims being carried out on stretchers. I saw someone lose their leg, people are crying, people are confused.”
“It was just an explosion, it came out of nowhere. There are multiple injuries. I saw dismemberment, I saw blood everywhere. People are badly injured.”

———

According to several reports, two bombs just went off at the Boston Marathon finish line. 

The Boston Globe is reporting that 20-30 people have been seriously injured.

According to the police scanner radio, the bomb apparently came from a suspicious package under the bleachers.

Authorities have evacuated the finish line area. They aren’t sure if any other bombs are planted. The nearby Lenox Hotel has been evacuated and the race has been canceled.

It is unclear if there are any fatalities, however, four victims were taken to the emergency room at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Story developing…

SOURCE: Boston Globe

comments – add yours
You May Also Like
×