While most celebs haven’t exactly weighed in on the Jay Z/Solange scuffle, View co-host Whoopi Goldberg is making some pretty controversial statements on the whole debacle.
On Tuesday, the ladies of The View weighed in on the elevator fight between Jay Z and Solange that everyone can’t stop talking about. While most of the hosts sided with Solange, assuming that she was defending her sister Beyonce, Whoopi felt completely different.
“I think Solange was quite ready for him to do whatever he was going to do,” the 58-year-old performer said. “This is the thing: If anybody hits you, you have the right – I know that many people are raised in a different way – but if a woman hits you, to me, you have the right to hit her back.”
Co-host Barbara Walters than asked Whoopi if she believed men had the right to lay hands on a woman. She responded:
“If I slap a man, he has every right to slap me back.”
Whoopi has always been known to unapologetically speak her mind, but her opinion on this issue wasn’t sitting well with people. Yesterday she decided to respond to the backlash through a Facebook video and clear up her previous comments.
“Hey, I know everyone is freaking out like I said that they would when I said if someone hits you, you have the right to hit them back. I didn’t say Jay Z should have hit Solange. I said if you hit a man that man has the right to hit you back. That’s what I said. stand by that,” she continued. “If you hit anybody, they have the right to hit you back. This idea that men aren’t supposed to hit women — if you slap a man he has the right to slap you back. Now, not everyone is going to agree and I’m okay with that. But that’s how I feel. That’s why I don’t slap anybody.”
What’s your take? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE: FOX News, US Weekly
Beyonce & Solange's Cutest Sisterly Moments (PHOTOS)
29 photos Launch gallery
1. Baby Bey and Baby Solo
1 of 29
2. Beyonce Picks Up Her Sister At Coachella
2 of 29
3. Big Sisters Need A Shoulder To Lean On Too
3 of 29
4. Yassss Ladies!
4 of 29
5. Beyonce & Solange Dancing At Coachella 2014
5 of 29
6. Beyonce Congratulation Solange After Her Made In America Performance
6 of 29
7. Sister Sister
7 of 29
8. Solange, Mama Tina, and Beyonce
8 of 29
9. Girl Time
9 of 29
10. Sister Love & Landing Pads
10 of 29
11. Having A Few Brews With Each Other
11 of 29
12. Throwback Picture Of Solange & Beyonce
12 of 29
13. The Knowles Sisters Celebrating Beyonce's 20th Birthday
13 of 29
14. Bey & Solo's Milk Ad
14 of 29
15. Out & About
15 of 29
16. Beyonce And Solange Take A Dip
16 of 29
17. Fun In The Sun
17 of 29
18. Beyonce & Solange In London
18 of 29
19. The Knowles Sisters Are Always Red Carpet Ready
19 of 29
20. All Smiles At Vera Wang's Fashion Show
20 of 29
21. Hotties & Handbags
21 of 29
22. Beyonce Seems Happy To See Her Kid Sister
22 of 29
23. The Knowles Sisters At The Grammys
23 of 29
24. Lookin Good Girls!
24 of 29
25. All Smiles For The Cameras.
25 of 29
26. Aren't They So Cute?
26 of 29
27. Throwback Picture Of Bey & Solange
27 of 29
28. WHOA! Super Throwback!
28 of 29
29. Get It Girls!
29 of 29