Leave a comment

columbus short

Actor and former Scandal star Columbus Short has pleaded not guilty to felony battery for a fight that injured a man in Hollywood earlier this year.

According to the Huffington Post:

Short appeared in court for a brief arraignment hearing on the case filed after he was accused of punching a man at the restaurant in March.

The actor’s attorney Jeff Jacquet had sought to fast track the case, but Deputy District Attorney David Schorr said the injuries involved were too serious to qualify. He said Short is accused of cold-cocking a man, knocking him unconscious and fracturing his left eye socket.

Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz said based on the injuries the case wasn’t eligible for the so-called early disposition program, which could have settled the case before a preliminary hearing in which more details about the altercation would be disclosed.

Short will return to court on June 5 to set a date for the preliminary hearing. Short is also involved in allegations of abuse involving his wife. Read more here.


Also On Global Grind:
comments – Add Yours