Real Housewives of Atlanta star Apollo Nida has been sentenced to eight years in federal prison for cashing stolen checks and laundering more than $2.3 million through phony bank accounts.
According to AJC:
Nida’s attorney Thomas Bever attempted to get the sentence reduced due to Nida’s poor upbringing but Judge Charles Pannell felt that was not a big enough factor given Nida’s age (35).
Pannell did recommend that Nida be placed close to Atlanta for the benefit of his family.
Nida could have been sentenced to 30 years, but according to TMZ, Judge Pannell said Nida did indeed cooperate with federal investigators, which led to the leniency.
Nida appears on the hit Bravo show with wife Phaedra Parks. Parks, who Bever said at a previous hearing was not involved in the scheme, did not attend the sentencing. The couple has two young sons together.
SOURCE: AJC | PHOTO CREDIT: SPLASH
"Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta" Fights (PHOTOS)
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Erica once again got herself in an altercation with Mama Dee.
1 of 10
2. K. Michelle is the queen of poppin' off.
2 of 10
3. Karlie Redd should have known K. Michelle was not the one.
3 of 10
4. Season 2 ended with a head-banging fight between Stevie J and Joseline Hernandez.
4 of 10
5. The battle of the big dawgs happened when Stevie J decided to call Erica out while at an event.
5 of 10
6. It was on and poppin' at Mama Dee's crib after Erica let Scrappy know she pawned the engagement ring he gave her earlier in the season.
6 of 10
7. We already know K. Michelle doesn't hold back.
7 of 10
8. The same night Stevie and Scrappy put the paws on each other, so did Erica and Joseline.
8 of 10
9. During a heated therapy session between Joseline, Stevie J., and Mimi, Joseline learns that Stevie is still living with Mimi.
9 of 10
10. Joseline lost her cool with Stevie's new artist Che Mack at the strip club.
10 of 10