The news comes just a week after Clinton reportedly secured her campaign headquarters in a trendy Brooklyn, New York neighborhood. A source close to the campaign told CNN that Clinton has already filmed the video, which includes a message to Democrats that “she intends to aggressively fight for the party’s” nomination.
Central to Clinton’s second presidential run will be reintroducing the former first lady — on her own terms — to the American people. Democrats close to Clinton have started to call her the most unknown famous person in the world. Their argument is that people know of Clinton — she has near 100% name recognition in most polls — but they don’t know her story.
Clinton is expected to trade big rallies for a series of smaller events with voters, as she seeks to reintroduce herself to voters. Her supporters have urged Clinton to take the time to meet voters one-on-one and build their trust.
According to a source close to Clinton’s campaign in waiting, CNN writes, the former First Lady’s stop will most likely be Iowa. In 2008, she came in third in the caucuses.
“The views about women candidates and how they should conduct themselves has really changed since 2008,” said Bonnie Campbell, the co-chair of Clinton’s 2008 campaign in Iowa. “First and foremost people vote for candidates that they like, people who connect with them emotionally. I think that helps with everybody but certainly it helps with women and the men who love them. It just makes her a more complete person.”
And Clinton is expected to connect with voters in exactly that way — the campaign is said to be focused on her Midwestern upbringing, her family, and raising a daughter in the White House, all of which will present Clinton in a “favorable, softer light than she was seen during her 2008 presidential run,” according to CNN.
She’s also sure to bump up against some controversy. Earlier this year, Clinton found herself in hot water over using a private email server while she served as Secretary of State. It’s not clear how much damage the email scandal has done to her bid already, but we’re excited to see where she lands.
Watch out for Clinton’s campaign video on Sunday, April 12.
SOURCE: CNN | VIDEO SOURCE: NDN
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.Source:Getty 24 of 24