Hillary Clinton is makin’ moves this presidential election, reaching out to her fellow Americans in the way we all seem to communicate with each other nowadays – that’s right, she joined Instagram.
If you’re looking to gain Insta followers yourself, the obvious solution seems to be to run for prez. Clinton gained almost 10,000 new followers and over 1,000 likes in less than an hour.
Since we now live in a world where our pictures act as representations of our thoughts, actions, and beliefs, it was only a matter of time before Clinton hopped on board the Insta-train. But unlike most of us, she didn’t start by posting a picture of her salmon kale salad with light balsamic dressing on the side for lunch. No, she posted a photo of her red, white, and blue wardrobe, accompanied by the sarcastic caption “Hard choices,” which is the name of her most recent book.
Hillary Clinton ladies and gents, proving women can be clever, one Instagram at a time.
Like all celebrity Insta accounts, Clinton has plenty of supporters and a good handful of haters, too. Many showed their support for the female candidate, posting comments like “Madam President,” or my personal favorite, “Omg Hilary Clinton is flexin on insta I’m livingggggg.” Clearly, that person is living a lot.
Clinton has released three more posts since yesterday afternoon, filling her followers in on an interview that’s “coming soon” and reminding us that her official campaign will launch on Saturday, June 13th. She also threw in a black and white #tbt of her ridin’ dirty on an old-fashioned bicycle as a kid, just for kicks.
A recent Harvard University Institute of Politics poll showed that Instagram is the second most powerful social media tool for millennials, with 44 percent of 18-29 year-olds on the app. Mark Zuckerberg is still responsible for the most popular form of social media, with 83 percent of 18-29 year-olds still active on Facebook. According to the same poll, 55 percent of all young adults, ages 18-29, would rather see a Democrat win the 2016 election.
With Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter all taken into account, we’re sure the 2016 election will be the most digital election to-date. So what does this mean for us common folk? Well, it means we now have more of a voice than ever before. We can like, share, comment or retweet anything, so do yourself a favor… make your voice heard.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.
1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.
2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.
3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.
4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.
5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.
6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.
7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.
8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.
9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.
10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!
11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.
12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.
13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!
14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.
15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.
16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."
17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.
18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!
19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.
20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.
21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.
22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?
23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.
24 of 24