Never one to shy away from candid conversation, model Cara Delevingne has spoken her mind regarding sexual harassment in the fashion industry and elsewhere with regard to young females.
In an article from the British publication The Times, Cara once again uses her position as “It Girl” as a platform to sound off on the injustices facing the modeling and entertainment industries.
“I am a bit of a feminist and it makes me feel sick,” she told The Times. “It’s horrible and it’s disgusting. [We’re talking about] young girls. You start when you are really young and you do, you get subjected to … not great stuff.”
“I think you get that [sexual harassment] in every industry,” she said. “I don’t think it’s just modeling, although I think it’s worse in modeling. There are male photographers who go into it purely because of the girls. But in every industry, if you are pretty, or someone likes the look of you … It’s not good.”
Cara, 23, goes on to say she has been subject to the aforementioned, and has seen others face the same problem. Not one to be silenced, Delevingne remarked that she will not let this behavior fly.
“I am very good at standing up for myself now, and for other people,” she explains. “If there is injustice I will flip out. If someone is crossing a line, they will know about it and so will everyone else. I’m not about brushing things under the carpet.”
Message: Don’t come for Cara.
SOURCE: The Times via Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Splash News
Cara Delevingne & Her Countless Celebrity Friends
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Cara being a badass with Miley.
1 of 16
2. Cara and the absolute hunk Kellan Lutz.
2 of 16
3. Of course she's friends with Jack Black. Of course.
3 of 16
4. What a duo, Cara and Nicki.
4 of 16
5. Kate Moss loves her too.
5 of 16
6. Oh yeah, and Gisele.
6 of 16
7. Even Beyonce makes time to hang with Cara.
7 of 16
8. But again, Cara never forgets her British roots. Hello Jamie Dornan & James Corden.
8 of 16
9. Ugh, Kiera Knightley and Eddie Redmayne too? How does she do it? How?
9 of 16
10. This picture might be the most beautiful photo ever taken… Ya gotta love Lupita.
10 of 16
11. Can't say we're surprised that she and Rebel Wilson are friends.
11 of 16
12. She and costar Nat Wolff are practically inseparable ever since "Paper Towns" started up.
12 of 16
13. Casual Met Ball selfie with a couple casual celebs like Miley and Zoe Kravitz.
13 of 16
14. One of her all-time BFFs, Rihanna.
14 of 16
15. AND she's friends with Kendrick Lamar.
15 of 16
16. And of course, there's Michelle Rodriguez… who was more than Cara's friend.
16 of 16