Former President Bill Clinton has been called one of the greatest presidents this country has seen.
Not only was he the first POTUS to be born of the Baby Boomer generation, but he also made improving race relations a major theme of his presidency. Before Barack Obama wooed the world with his swag, Mr. Clinton was the King of Cool.
From rocking short-shorts at McDonald’s with Al Gore, to comparing his presidency to running a cemetery, we’re counting down Bill Clinton’s funniest moments.
Happy 69th Birthday, Mr. Clinton!
1. When he compared being President to running a cemetery.
“Being president is like running a cemetery: you’ve got a lot of people under you and nobody’s listening,” he said at a campaign event for Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes in Louisville, Ky.
2. When he jammed out on the saxophone at The Arsenio Hall Show.
The cool sunglasses were the best part.
3. When he hit up McDonald’s with Al Gore – both rocking short shorts.
So. Very. Short. To his credit, it was 1992.
4. When he laughed uncontrollably at a mistranslation of Boris Yeltsin’s comment about a reporter being “a complete disaster.”
Clinton. You can’t take him anywhere.
5. His Funny Or Die Video that highlighted Clinton’s selfish tendencies:
Hey, at least he can poke fun at himself.
6. That other time he used his southern wit to describe being president:
“Sometimes I feel like a fire hydrant looking at a pack of dogs,” he said. “For six years I had declined to tell those kinds of jokes, because I have been told it is not presidential. But I feel kind of outdoorsy today.”
7. That time he tried to digress from answering Monica Lewinsky questions during his grand jury testimony regarding the Lewinsky scandal.
“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” Classic.
8. The time he got angry with a heckler and told them to ‘calm down.’
Cheers to Bill; could he be the very first First Man in the White House in 2016?
SOURCE: Answers.Com, YouTube | PHOTO CREDIT: Youtube, Getty
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.
1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.
2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.
3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.
4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.
5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.
6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.
7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.
8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.
9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.
10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!
11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.
12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.
13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!
14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.
15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.
16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."
17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.
18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!
19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.
20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.
21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.
22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?
23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.
24 of 24