As promised, Erykah Badu releases her new single “Phone Down.”
The legendary soul singer teased her new song after the Soul Train Awards dress rehearsals in Las Vegas last week. Not only did Erykah host the 2015 Soul Train Awards, but she also made time to shoot a music video for “Phone Down,” and even introduced her backup dancers to fans via Periscope.
Erykah premiered “Phone Down” on Apple Music and posted a message: “This one’s for Aubrey.”
Drake is officially a legend.
“Phone Down” is off Erykah’s forthcoming mixtape But You Cain’t Use My Phone, which is due out Thanksgiving weekend.
Take a listen to “Phone Down” below.
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Matching is for losers.
1 of 14
2. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.
2 of 14
3. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.
3 of 14
4. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.
4 of 14
5. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.
5 of 14
6. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.
6 of 14
7. All yellow everything.
7 of 14
8. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.
8 of 14
9. Another interesting hat.
9 of 14
10. When she made feathers a fashion statement.
10 of 14
11. The bag lady.
11 of 14
12. She's never afraid to take hair risks.
12 of 14
13. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.
13 of 14
14. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.
14 of 14