Chipotle sales have drastically plummeted since the E. Coli outbreak returned and spread for the third time.
According to reports, the outbreak has grown from six states to nine. They now include Oregon, Washington, California, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Illinois, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Thanks to the recent outbreak, the company said it has been tightening food safety procedures.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated, “Illnesses started on dates ranging from October 19, 2015, to November 13, 2015.” A total of 52 people have been infected, though only 47 of them ate at a Chipotle restaurant a week before experiencing symptoms.
An estimated 48 million Americans get sick each year from foodborne diseases. But Chipotle is one of many options now putting greater focus on fresh, unprocessed food.
Reuters says company shares fell 8 percent after Chipotle estimated sales to have dropped 8 to 11 percent in the fourth quarter, a first in the fast food restaurant’s history.
SOURCE: Jezebel | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
14 Celebrity Foodies With Yummy Instagrams
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Chrissy Teigen is the real MVP when it comes to keeping John Legend satisfied in the kitchen.
1 of 10
2. Pie anyone? Lauren Conrad's collection of sweets belong on a Pinterest board.
2 of 10
3. Tia Mowry now has her own cooking show, so you know she throws down amazing meals for her family.
3 of 10
4. June Ambrose continues to amaze us with #rockmomcookingchronicles.
4 of 10
5. When Aziz Ansari's mom comes to town, it's homemade Indian cuisine for all.
5 of 10
6. Questlove is so much of a foodie, he even made an Instagram account solely to showcase his meals. Who knew?
6 of 10
7. If you aren't already following Kelis on Instagram, you're missing out.
7 of 10
8. 2 Chainz may not prepare his own meals, but his personal chef's got it all covered.
8 of 10
9. With three young children, Kourtney Kardashian has mastered the adorable breakfast treats.
9 of 10
10. Cooking with Zac Posen.
10 of 10