Jada Pinkett Smith is incredibly upset with how the Oscars have snubbed Black entertainers this year, and she’s questioning how they should respond.
Among the field of nominees, there are no people of color up for any of the major awards.
In a year that brought us films like Creed, Straight Outta Compton, and Concussion, there doesn’t seem to be any excuse for this. It’s so appalling that it even caused Black Twitter to dust off last year’s #OscarsSoWhite hashtag.
Jada, however, wasn’t content to complain or make snarky remarks. The actress has always been about action, and took a moment to suggest some rather drastic measures on Twitter.
It sounds to us like Jada might be suggesting a boycott. Do you think the Academy needs to see an Oscar Blackout before its members get the message?
SEE ALSO: Ice Cube Responds To ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Being Snubbed By The Oscars
Red Carpet Recap: The 2016 Golden Globe Awards
29 photos Launch gallery
1. The Smith's have arrived. Will & Jada brought their son Trey for the night's festivities.
1 of 29
2. Kevin Hart and his fiancee, Eniko, complemented each other perfectly.
2 of 29
3. Jennifer Lopez slayed, per usual. Rocking dazzling stilettos and a thigh-high slit, could this be a best dressed nominee?
3 of 29
4. Zendaya looked beautiful in Marchesa.
4 of 29
5. Laverne Cox kept it classic and elegant in Elizabeth Kennedy.
5 of 29
6. Regina King dazzled in gold.
6 of 29
7. America Ferrera shined in a vibrant yellow dress.
7 of 29
8. Eva Longoria rocked winter white with floral embellishments.
8 of 29
9. Wiz Khalifa walked the carpet with his mother.
9 of 29
10. It's a big night for Wiz- he's nominated for "See You Again."
10 of 29
11. Giuliana Rancic in Alex Perry.
11 of 29
12. "Jane The Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez was all smiles in a stunning ball gown.
12 of 29
13. Sam Smith suited up in style for the big occasion.
13 of 29
14. Another lady of E!, Maria Menounous came out for the Globes as well.
14 of 29
15. Rosie Hungtington-Whiteley and Jason Statham. How gorgeous does Rosie look?
15 of 29
16. Let's hope we get another amazing acceptance speech from Viola Davis tonight.
16 of 29
17. David Oyelowo looked sharp in Dolce & Gabbana.
17 of 29
18. Corinne Foxx, Jamie Foxx's daughter, is the 2016 Miss Golden Globes.
18 of 29
19. Nominated for her role as Cookie, Taraji P. Henson walked the carpet in a white gown which she accessorized with stunning jewels.
19 of 29
20. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dawson. Flawless.
20 of 29
21. Melissa Mccarthy was a sight to see in a metallic, blue gown.
21 of 29
22. Are you feeling Queen Latifah's look?
22 of 29
23. Jennifer Lawrence's striking red gown hugged her figure in all the right places.
23 of 29
24. OITNB and The Wiz star Uzo Aduba arrived in head-to-toe sequin.
24 of 29
25. Katy Perry in Prada.
25 of 29
26. The Goddess, Jane Fonda, stepped out in ruffles.
26 of 29
27. Lady Gaga won a Golden Globe for her role in AHS: Hotel.
27 of 29
28. Michael B. Jordan arrived looking dapper.
28 of 29
29. Angela Bassett clearly ages backwards.
29 of 29