Kanye West has officially won the title of “The King of Social Media.” After trolling us for weeks, changing the tracklist and album of his ninth studio album, the rapper finally released his official name and tracklist Wednesday. And, coincidentally he released it on the 12th anniversary of College Dropout. In honor of the anniversary, Pharrell and his OTHERtone co-host created a playlist of the rapper’s hottest tracks. Listen above. [Rap-Up]
In a photo shoot for NY Times’ lifestyle publication, T Magazine, seven of music rising stars flex their talents. Ranging from singing to rapping, the women all showed off their individuality and skill. Take a look at the shoot up top. [T Magazine]
After releasing his new album Islah, Kevin Gates debuted his new music video for his single “Pride.” Appropriately, the video features his wife and daughter Islah. Check it out up top. [Pitchfork]
Anonymous artist Leikeli47 just released a music video for her hot new track “Bitch Switch.” The video features the singer in her staple mask along with a bomb girl group. Check out the soulful singer’s video above.
SOURCE: Rap-Up, Pitchfork, T Magazine
Alicia Keys' Iconic Cornrows Were Once Your Hairspiration
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Don't you miss this Alicia?
1 of 15
2. Admit it - you wanted Alicia Keys' cornrows in middle school.
2 of 15
3. Ahh, the early 2000s...
3 of 15
4. The good ol' days.
4 of 15
5. Pre-Swizz Beatz.
5 of 15
6. Oh, flare jeans.
6 of 15
7. She brought cornrows to the Grammys.
7 of 15
8. Alicia accessorized her signature look with countless hats...
8 of 15
9. ...and wraps.
9 of 15
10. "Songs In A Minor"-era.
10 of 15
11. Remember this moment from the 2001 MTV VMAs?
11 of 15
12. Has she just always been flawless?
12 of 15
13. "I keep on fallin', iiiiiiiin..."
13 of 15
14. Pulling off the duck lips better than you.
14 of 15
15. The many hairstyles of Alicia Keys are basically iconic.
15 of 15