We thought it was ridiculous when sisters Lynette “Diamond” Hardaway and Rochelle “Silk” Richardson proudly stumped for Donald Trump at his rallies and in numerous YouTube videos.
We thought it was ridiculous when the sisters, who applaud Trump for his stance on immigration and closing the border, clashed with Roland Martin, host of NewsOne Now, about the GOP front-runner’s policy specifics…or lack thereof.
But the sisters may have taken it a bit too far this time. According to the Huffington Post, Diamond and Silk appeared on a radio show with White nationalist John Friend, who, the news site points out, is a “Holocaust denier,” has said the only “real Americans” are White people, and often uses his blog, The Realist Report, to spew “racist and anti-Semitic views.”
We’re not done.
The radio show was broadcast on American Free Press, “a website that calls itself independent, populist, and pro-White,” the Post writes. And Friend, who is also a Trump supporter, has cited Hitler as his inspiration.
So what happened during the show?
The two sisters, prompted by Friend, accused immigrants of demanding services and civil rights and somehow depriving Americans of those things.
“It’s time for the American people to be taken care of,” said Silk in the interview, first reported by Media Matters. “It’s time for somebody to look out for the American people, and that’s what we love about Donald Trump. Everybody wants to be mad at Donald Trump, but at least he listens to the American people.”
“People are tired of being under- or unemployed. We need to bring back good jobs, opportunities for people to be gainfully employed,” said Silk. “People are tired of his divide in our country. It’s time to bring back spirit, it’s time to unite. Remember, this is the United States, not the Divided States, so it’s time for us to come together.”
We’ll probably never understand why Diamond and Silk, two Black women who fall into the same category as people like Friend (and John Edwards, the White supremacist who sat down for an interview with Donald Trump Jr. earlier this month) outwardly hate, but their act is no longer entertaining.
It’s actually alarming.
You can listen to the interview in its entirety, here.
SOURCE: Huffington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Black Trump Supporters Diamond & Silk Take It Too Far, Appear With White Nationalist On Radio Show was originally published on newsone.com