The Death Row co-founders’ relationship is an interesting one.
Suge Knight may currently be in jail on murder charges, but his lawyer claims Dr. Dre tried to put a hit out on him, notes Pitchfork.
Suge’s lawyers said the August 2014 incident in which he was shot several times was orchestrated by Dre. In the legal filing, attorney Thaddeus Culpepper states that a man known as Tee-Money confessed to being one of the gunmen and claims that he and a friend were paid $50,000 to kill Suge. The documents also allege that an off-duty sheriff’s deputy was seen on video letting the gunmen in the front door of the club and he was later seen at the airport helping them escape the country.
These new claims were uncovered when Knight’s lawyer asked the courts to unseal orders dating back to March 2015, because he was being treated unfairly in jail due to “a massive scandal and cover-up.”
Dr. Dre’s lawyers told TMZ that the accusation is “ridiculous.”
SOURCE: Pitchfork, TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
34 Throwback Pics Of Suge Knight At His Least Threatening
34 photos Launch gallery
1. Suge has a laugh while participating in a little turn up.
1 of 34
2. The time he looked upset while taking a mugshot--rightfully so.
2 of 34
3. The time he seemed to be throwing shade while Tupac was not in the mood to take pics.
3 of 34
4. The time he looked genuinely perplexed.
4 of 34
5. The time he almost smiled for a pic.
5 of 34
6. The Death Row founder is seen minding his own business amidst a sea of photographers.
6 of 34
7. Sometimes a cubano is just that good.
7 of 34
8. The time he partied a little too hard.
8 of 34
9. The time he kept it cool while on the red carpet.
9 of 34
10. The time he rubbed shoulders with Benzino and Russell Simmons.
10 of 34
11. The time he almost threw up a peace sign.
11 of 34
12. When he got chummy and goofy with a lady friend.
12 of 34
13. The ironic moment he and Metta World Peace--then Ron Artest--threw up peace signs.
13 of 34
14. The time he thought he was too gangster to pull off a plaid shirt.
14 of 34
15. The time he helped his friend show off an ill chain.
15 of 34
16. The time he pointed to a guy.
16 of 34
17. And then did it again.
17 of 34
18. The time he was straight chillin'.
18 of 34
19. The time he finally showed off his pearly whites.
19 of 34
20. The time he did not understand.
20 of 34
21. The time he hung out and pointed at Kanye.
21 of 34
22. The time he winked at the camera.
22 of 34
23. The time he was just being Suge Knight.
23 of 34
24. The time he stared down his cigar.
24 of 34
25. And then was completely unbothered.
25 of 34
26. The time he cozied up to some ladies.
26 of 34
27. Then snuggled another lucky gal.
27 of 34
28. The time he towered over Jermaine Dupri.
28 of 34
29. The time he hung out with some brunettes.
29 of 34
30. Then played Santa to Tila Tequila.
30 of 34
31. The time he made this fashion choice.
31 of 34
32. The time he wore stripes.
32 of 34
33. That time he and Tupac hung out with Goodie Mob.
33 of 34
34. Back when Death Row Records was reigning supreme in Hip Hop.
34 of 34