During a recent speech, GOP frontrunner Donald Trump put his foot in his mouth while referring to the 9/11 attacks. On Monday, Trump accidentally referred to the attacks as 7/11. “I wrote this out, and it’s very close to my heart,” he said while delivering a speech in Buffalo. “Because I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action.” After making the mistake, he failed to issue a correction. Trump is expected to do well in New York’s primary, slated to take place on Tuesday. Read more.
Michigan Gov. to Drink Flint Tap Water
Beleaguered Flint, Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder tried to make a statement by taking home five jugs of filtered tap water from the city on Monday, vowing to drink and cook it over the next month. He said he hopes his decision to drink the tap water himself would “alleviate some of the skepticism and mistrust.” … “Flint residents made it clear that they would like to see me personally drink the water, so today I am fulfilling that request,” said Gov. Snyder in a statement. State Senator Jim Ananich said he thinks the focus should be on finding resources for Flint residents. “We’re very quick to do press releases and press events and very slow after that to get the resources,” said Sen. Ananich. Flint residents have received filters to remove the lead from their tap water, however they still remain skeptical about whether it is safe or not. Read more.
President Obama and FLOTUS to Host Jazz Special
President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are slated to join forces with ABC to host a jazz concert. The one-hour jazz special, dubbed “Jazz at the White House,” will air on International Jazz Day and will feature performances by Esperanza Spalding, Sting, Aretha Franklin, Robert Glasper, Herbie Hancock, Buddy Guy, and more. John Beasley will be the musical director of the event, designed to highlight different jazz musicians from around the world. “Jazz at the White House” will air on April 30 at 8PM EST on ABC. Read more.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
NEWS ROUNDUP: Donald Trump Refers to 9/11 as 7-Eleven…AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com