Following her performances on NBC’s The Voice and SNL, Alicia Keys releases a black and white visual for her new single “In Common.”
The Pierre Debusschere-directed video features a makeup-free Alicia singing on a New York City fire escape as her fellow New Yorkers show off their individual talents.
Alicia spoke to The FADER to explain the video’s meaning:
“This video is about celebrating our individuality, and how in the brilliance of our uniqueness, the magic of it all is at the core, we are all the same,” she said. “We want the same things. We all want to experience love, the freedom to be our truest selves, to love whomever we want and to be accepted and celebrated for all of our nuances and so called imperfections that make us, us.”
Alicia’s sixth studio album is due out later on this year and will feature “In Common,” as well as her new song “Hallelujah.”
Watch Alicia’s new video above.
The Best Photos Of Alicia Keys In Mommy Mode
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Game Time with Egypt.
1 of 8
2. Thanksgiving blessings from mommy and Egypt.
2 of 8
3. Love from the Deans.
3 of 8
4. Welcome to the world, Genesis Ali Dean.
4 of 8
5. Alicia captioned this adorable photo of her two boys, "The most beautiful bond in the world."
5 of 8
6. Taking off with newborn Genesis.
6 of 8
7. The now mother of two captioned this photo, "Motherhood is a miracle that continues to unfold."
7 of 8
8. The Deans welcome Genesis Ali.
8 of 8