Global Grind caught up with Chris Tucker, Rush Hour‘s favorite detective, on the Billboard Music Awards‘ pink carpet last month.
Despite dealing with tax issues and lawsuits, the actor and standup comedian seemed to be in good spirits as he answered every question with a burst of positivity.
“I just come to enjoy the show,” he said. And that he did as he walked down the carpet wearing a polka dot blue and white blazer, button-up white shirt, and sunglasses. Tucker told us he was excited to see Justin Bieber’s performance, as well as Madonna’s controversial tribute to Prince.
Tucker made his return to comedy last year; his Netflix special Chris Tucker: Live made headlines and received high ratings.
His Summer ’16 plans will consist of work. He’s prepping another national standup tour, which he tells us will be different from the Netflix special. He admitted the comedy game has changed a lot, but thinks it’s for the better:
“There’s so many great talents out there and I think you know it’s always going to get better and better.”
For the latest on Tucker, make sure to follow him on Instagram and Twitter @ChrisTucker. For standup tix, click here.
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2016 Billboard Music Awards
21 photos Launch gallery
1. Ciara served up seven wardrobe changes as the night's hostess, but our favorite has to be this barely-there dress she wore on the carpet.
1 of 21
2. Britney Spears left little to the imagination in a lacy, sheer ensemble that put her underwear on full display.
2 of 21
3. Keke Palmer's pedicure caught heat on social media, but she filled out the red latex quite nicely on the carpet.
3 of 21
4. Snapchat king DJ Khaled suited up in all black.
4 of 21
5. Wiz Khalifa kept it casual, per usual.
5 of 21
6. Before shutting down the stage, Rihanna arrived in a short frock and patterned heels.
6 of 21
7. Ariana Grande nearly took a not-so-gracious fall in her gown.
7 of 21
8. How stunning is Priyanka Chopra?
8 of 21
9. Demi Lovato worked an all-black pantsuit.
9 of 21
10. Zendaya can do no wrong. She wore Fausto Puglisi separates in the perfect summer tone.
10 of 21
11. Laverne Cox arrived wearing Michael Costello.
11 of 21
12. Kelly Rowland offered major goddess vibes and we're here for it.
12 of 21
13. Chris Tucker walked hand-in-hand with his gorgeous date.
13 of 21
14. Kesha went the menswear route and paired the look with heels.
14 of 21
15. Are you feeling Seal's yellow shoes?
15 of 21
16. One of the night's hosts, Ludacris, walked the carpet with wife, Eudoxie.
16 of 21
17. Ty Dolla $ign wore a checkered button-up and dark sunglasses.
17 of 21
18. Nick Jonas's 'fit was simple and suave.
18 of 21
19. We see you, Jessica!
19 of 21
20. Michael Strahan appeared to be unfazed by the drama surrounding his departure from LIVE! with Kelly.
20 of 21
21. Ashton Kutcher stepped out for the evening's festivities as well.
21 of 21