Fans of the hit Starz show Power have been counting down the days until their favorite series makes its return.
Thankfully, BlogXilla caught up with the cast and director to discuss all the drama from the hit show’s highly anticipated third season.
Executive Producer and star 50 Cent said that Ghost and Tommy’s new rivalry (played by Omari Hardwick and Joseph Sikora respectively) is similar to that of him and Floyd Mayweather.
He revealed, “They’re not really enemies. They love each other, they’ve grown up with each other. It’s just like me and Floyd’s fight. It’s that thing that happens in public and you’re like, ‘They’ll kill each other, they’re very angry.’ But that’s my brother. I don’t want to hurt him or see anything bad happen to him in any way.”
Joseph Sikora said that he’s so invested in his character this time around, he starts to feel as if it’s a reality: “When you’re invested in these characters – and I feel like I’m really invested in Tommy – he becomes so alive. I think that with your body, your brain, your heart and your mind…you’re really doing some of these things. It’s pretend, but you are living with those emotions. So sometimes when it’s a heavy day [on set], it’s a heavy day [off set].”
As for the show’s lead character, Ghost, Hardwick said this season is all about watching his back and figuring out who to trust. When asked what is going through Ghost’s mind coming into season three, Omari said, “How to outrun the ghosts that are chasing him. He’s made, in my opinion, a very bad bargain [between his wife Tasha and the love of his life Angela]. With all the ghosts that are chasing him, if he outruns that, It’s Ghost on steroids now.”
Check out the full interview above and catch the season 3 premiere of Power on Sunday, July 17 on Starz.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
15 Shades Of The Powerfully Sexy Omari Hardwick
6 photos Launch gallery
1. Omari Latif Hardwick, born January 9, 1974: Name Meaning: Omari "most high" Latif "gentle" 'I believe i can fly...i believe i can touch the sky'..... I reckon before my bow legs were strong enuf to even support all i'd ever try, i believed there was no cloud or prize TOO BIG for my eye. There is @ least 25% of my crawl that i'm still not able to get by. A.K.A. that i hope to get right with before my fat lady's last cry.
1 of 6
2. Omari was an all around athlete, playing sports most of his life. He was a member of his high school state championship football team, as well as a Defensive Back for the University Of Georgia.
2 of 6
3. While attending the University Of Georgia, Omari became a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Incorporated Fraternity, Zeta Pi Chapter.
3 of 6
4. Omari has twenty tattoos.
4 of 6
5. Omari Hardwick and his wife Jennifer are expecting their second child in 2015.
5 of 6
6. On Friday you loaned me 41 big ones Lord. You just keep adding that which you have decided i can handle. Thank you for loaning me my birth family. Thank you for loaning me the family i made. Thank you ALL the ancestors angels heroes family friends mentors teachers artist athletes mother Teresas beautiful roses growing outa concrete that helped my feet survive the big FEAT of making my 1st 41 COUNT. -Omari Hardwick
6 of 6