Ellen DeGeneres is never usually on the public’s bad side, but on Tuesday, the comedian felt the wrath of social media.
The talk show host is catching heat over a meme she posted on Twitter in a joking attempt to congratulate Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on his legendary 100 meter gold medal win at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games this week.
She shared the photo above with the caption, “This is how I’m running errands from now on,” leading many Twitter users to question her intent.
But Ellen defended herself against the negative allegations, letting fans know that she is absolutely not racist in any form or fashion:
Unlike many other celebs, Ellen didn’t pull a “post and delete.” She may have meant no harm, but we think she’s learned a valuable lesson.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres' Coolest, Hippest, & Swaggiest Moments (PHOTOS)
7 photos Launch gallery
1. The time she donned fake boobs and booty as Nicki Minaj for Halloween.
1 of 7
2. Who can forget the time she dressed as a fairy godmother to the stars at the 2014 Academy Awards?
2 of 7
3. Or the time she coordinated the most retweeted selfie of all time?
3 of 7
4. Remember she got bootylicious as Sofia Vergara on stage?
4 of 7
5. And when she and Rebel Wilson performed as a rap duo.
5 of 7
6. She ordered pizza for celebs who were trying to fit into their Oscar dresses during the ceremony…priceless.
6 of 7
7. Dont't forget the time she did her rendition of breaking the internet by copying Kim K's infamous PAPER Magazine cover for her and wife Portia's Christmas card.
7 of 7