Solange Knowles has always marched to the beat of her own drum. Living in a world where your sister is praised like a queen, it could be quite difficult to forge your own lane – but Solange did that and more.
The singer garnered a bunch of newfound attention and fans after the release of her critically acclaimed album, A Seat At The Table, last month. But of course, with much love comes many haters. Tyree Boyd-Pates, a professor of Africana Studies at California State University who has written for Fusion and The Huffington Post, took to Twitter to share his feelings about Solo’s latest body of work.
For his review of the album, he gave ASATT a measly 2.5/5 stars:
But fans of the youngest Knowles sister were not here for his review. To make matters worse, Boyd-Pates insinuated that the only reason Solange’s album got so much love is because she’s Beyoncé‘s sister:
Black Twitter gathered up to slam the professor:
One thing’s for certain, Beyoncé isn’t the only one with a swarming hive, ready to sting.
PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter, Getty
30 Times Solange Knowles Slayed The Fashion Game
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Solange Knowles puts a spin on all white for her wedding.
1 of 30
2. The slayage needs a moment.
2 of 30
3. She really pulled no punches at the 2016 Met Gala.
3 of 30
4. Solange shows off her long legs in a colorful 'fit she paired with natural locks.
4 of 30
5. Stunning at the 2012 Met Gala.
5 of 30
6. Baby in blue.
6 of 30
7. What style, what a smile.
7 of 30
8. Solo goes braless at the 2016 Regent Street Flagship store opening in London.
8 of 30
9. She even slays her everyday 'fits.
9 of 30
10. When your style comes in different shapes and sizes.
10 of 30
11. Carven fashion show in Paris.
11 of 30
12. Solange kills all white at the 'Gloss: The Work Of Chris Von Wangenheim' Book Launch Party.
12 of 30
13. She's always ready for her close-up.
13 of 30
14. Solange goes floral with a red lippie.
14 of 30
15. Front row at the 2016 Prabal Gurung NY Fashion Week show.
15 of 30
16. Solo's got many talents - getting the party live is one of 'em.
16 of 30
17. Pretty in pink.
17 of 30
18. Seriously gorgeous at this year's NY Fashion Week.
18 of 30
19. She always shows out for her man.
19 of 30
20 of 30
21. Solange's color palette knows no bounds.
21 of 30
22. A close-up of Solo show-stopping in L.A.
22 of 30
23. Pretty in purple.
23 of 30
24. Solo embraces NY's Spring weather in a casual, but super cute 'fit.
24 of 30
25. Bonnaroo looks good on baby girl.
25 of 30
26. Look at her rock the 2013 Bonnaroo Music And Arts Festival stage.
26 of 30
27. Glamour girl.
27 of 30
28. Can you handle it?
28 of 30
29. Money green at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards.
29 of 30
30. Pure perfection.
30 of 30