Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo shocked the hip-hop community when he died in a car crash last month. As the nation attempts to make some sense of the tragic accident, his cause of death has been released.
TMZ reports that the father of eleven died from blunt force trauma to the head, but also had painkillers on his person and smelled like alcohol. Apparently, the Fulton County Medical Examiner found a prescription bottle for Promethazine – but the bottle was instead filled with Percocet and Vicodin. TMZ reveals:
The rapper’s autopsy report reveals Shawty suffered the blunt force injuries to the head when he was ejected from his vehicle in a car crash last month. The Fulton County Medical Examiner also found a prescription bottle on him labeled “Promethazine” … which was actually filled with Percocet and Vicodin.
The medical examiner goes on to say Shawty’s body bag emitted a strong smell of alcohol when opened … but the official toxicology results are not in yet.
If you’ll recall, there were also two women in the car at the time of the accident. In a weird twist, TMZ reports police allowed the women to take money out of Shawty Lo’s pockets following his death.
Here’s another doozy … the medical examiner says 2 females were in the car with Shawty at the time of the crash, and asked cops on scene if they could take a bunch of cash out of his pockets. The cops allegedly let ’em do it … leaving behind around $16.
May he rest in peace.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,' died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer's disease.
3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's.
4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in 'Star Wars,' passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in 'Not Another Teen Movie.'
6 of 14
7. 'The Voice' star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 14
10. 'Blood, Sweat, & Heels' reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince's protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson's disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.
14 of 14