Source: Getty / Getty
Something weird has gotten into Lil Wayne.
The rapper, who once based a whole album around his experiences as a Black person in America following Hurricane Katrina, has made it obvious that he wants to remove himself from the narrative of Black Lives Matter, saying he doesn’t feel “connected to the movement” during a recent interview.
T.I. ripped the Young Money CEO on social media, writing, “I don’t know what you goin thru,or what you are attempting to avoid but this shit is absolutely unacceptable!!!! You’re disrespecting yourself, bringing shame on your family name & tarnishing your legacy.”
Wayne’s daughter, Reginae, commented under Tip’s post about her dad: “You should’ve copied and pasted this and sent it to him thru via text but u wanna seek for attention.”
Weezy finally took to social media to comment on the backlash he’s been receiving:
Although Wayne issued a pseudo apology for his Nightline interview, fans and colleagues are not letting his controversial comments go anytime soon.
PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter, Getty
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Photos Of Lil Wayne & His Famous Friends
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Trina was one of Wayne's first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.
1 of 20
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.
2 of 20
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.
3 of 20
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, 'Ye, Jay and Tip.
4 of 20
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.
5 of 20
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.
6 of 20
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.
7 of 20
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their "Lil" days.
8 of 20
9. Of course, there's no Drizzy without Weezy.
9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne is a sports fan and pretty good pals with Stephen A. Smith.
10 of 20
11. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that's how their relationship has grown.
11 of 20
12. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne's Miami life.
12 of 20
13. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy's? Who knew.
13 of 20
14. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they're around each other.
14 of 20
15. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.
15 of 20
16. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.
16 of 20
17. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.
17 of 20
18. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.
18 of 20
19. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.
19 of 20
20. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.
20 of 20