Source: Kevin Winter / Getty
Lil Wayne and Birdman have had a rocky few years regarding Baby’s label Cash Money records not paying one of their most successful artists what her deserves.
Weezy took the shade throwing to a whole other level over the weekend in Los Angeles at the Camp Flog Gnaw festival. While performing “I’m Me,” Wayne changed the lyric, “I’m a m*****f****** Cash Money millionaire” and shouted out Jay Z‘s Roc-A-Fella instead.
This isn’t the first time Lil Wayne bragged about his relationship with Hov while on stage. Just last year, while performing at KMEL Summer Jam in Oakland, the Young Money CEO said, “I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol Jay Z,” referring to his deal with Jay and Tidal to be an artist/owner at the streaming service.
The fact that Wayne brought up his affiliation with the Roc over a year after his first announcement causing fans to think that Jay Z and Lil Wayne may be working on something greater than they lead on. We’re here for it.
Source: TMZ|PHOTOCREDIT: Getty
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Photos Of Lil Wayne & His Famous Friends
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Trina was one of Wayne's first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.
1 of 20
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.
2 of 20
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.
3 of 20
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, 'Ye, Jay and Tip.
4 of 20
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.
5 of 20
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.
6 of 20
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.
7 of 20
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their "Lil" days.
8 of 20
9. Of course, there's no Drizzy without Weezy.
9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne is a sports fan and pretty good pals with Stephen A. Smith.
10 of 20
11. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that's how their relationship has grown.
11 of 20
12. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne's Miami life.
12 of 20
13. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy's? Who knew.
13 of 20
14. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they're around each other.
14 of 20
15. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.
15 of 20
16. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.
16 of 20
17. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.
17 of 20
18. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.
18 of 20
19. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.
19 of 20
20. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.
20 of 20