Source: Fortunata / Splash News / Splash News
#SundayFunday takes on an entirely new meaning when you get the big-hearted Knowles family involved!
With support from Beyonce and BeyGOOD, Tina Knowles-Lawson is teaming up with Essence, Solange and Kelly Rowland, to celebrate the resilience of the Baton Rouge community this weekend.
Source: Josh Brasted / Getty
Love on Louisiana: An Essence Hometown Heroes Tribute is a holiday dinner and awards ceremony that aims to raise at least $1 million to aid in the Louisiana flood relief. Standout students and committed teachers who’ve helped rebuild the community will also be honored for their efforts during the tribute event. What better way to spend your Sunday than giving back?
“We have continued to witness firsthand the strength of our long-term partners in Louisiana in the aftermath of natural disasters, and it is with great pride that we are partnering with Ms. Tina, Beyoncé, Solange, Kelly and BeyGOOD to harness the resources of our collective networks and join the community in rebuilding,” Essence President Michelle Ebanks said in a statement.
Ms. Tina also shared a few thoughts about her commitment to loving on Louisiana: “Louisiana is a special place in my family’s history and we are committed as a family to never forget the city and the people of Baton Rouge. It breaks my heart to see the unimaginable disaster and destruction caused by the flooding, and we will stand and support every effort in place to help the people most affected.”
Source: Kevin Mazur / Getty
This summer’s unbelievable flooding produced seven trillion gallons of water, reportedly three times the rainfall total of Hurricane Katrina.
Please support the state of Louisiana by donating here to fund new homes for local families via Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge.
Glam-Ma! 15 Photos Of Tina Knowles-Lawson Flexing On Instagram
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Tina Knowles and her husband Richard Lawson always exude youthful energy and love on the 'Gram.
1 of 15
2. Mama T and her first-born, Charlie's Angels-style.
2 of 15
3. The queen and her king enjoyed a night out at Kris Jenner's Great Gatsby-themed 60th birthday party.
3 of 15
4. Sexy Sixties.
4 of 15
5. "I woke up like this."
5 of 15
6. Tina loves to share her mommy/daughter moments.
6 of 15
7. She captioned this cute photo of her and Solange: "Me and my baby."
7 of 15
8. Glam-Ma duties.
8 of 15
9. T-Knowles is always in "Formation."
9 of 15
10. Ms. Tina loves her some Kelly.
10 of 15
11. Here she is with her husband Richard and daughter Solange at Kelly's birthday party.
11 of 15
12. "Watermelonnnn" *Cues Beyonce's Drunk In Love.*
12 of 15
13. Tina even posts pics of her ex-husband Mathew Knowles.
13 of 15
14. The Texas gal received the key to her hometown of Galveston Island, Texas.
14 of 15
15. She celebrated her anniversary with Richard Lawson rocking King and Queen hoodies. We see you Miss T!
15 of 15