R&B singer Johnny P has reportedly passed away.
Rumors of the Chicago legend’s death began circulating earlier this month, but were false, as he’d been kept on life support after he slipped into a coma. But on Sunday, members of rap group Do or Die confirmed Johnny P’s passing, writing on Instagram, “Our Brother Was Called Home […] Rest In Heaven #JohnnyP. Our Prayers Are With His Family.”
Johnny P worked with some of the greatest in hip-hop, providing vocals for Tupac and Scarface’s song “Smile,” Twista’s “Yo Body,” and more. Fans and fellow entertainers have been sending out their condolences since news hit. See below.
May he rest in peace.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.
3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.
4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’
6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 13