Source: Atlantic Records
Kodak Black is on his way to facing a sex charge in South Carolina, according to the latest updates on his case. Originally being held in St. Lucie, Florida, the rapper’s prison transfer was officially approved at the start of this week.
The Sun-Sentinel reports, “Black, whose given name is Dieuson Octave, faces a charge of criminal sexual conduct in Florence, South Carolina. He appeared in an extradition hearing on Nov. 21, where a judge approved his transfer.”
When asked about Kodak’s status, St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Deputy Bryan Beaty said on Monday, “It does say that he has been turned over to South Carolina via the Florence County Sheriff’s Office.”
The site continues, “For Octave, legally speaking, it’s two down and one more to go. After spending a few months in the Broward Main Jail, he dodged a potentially lengthy prison sentence in August when a judge, citing his potential as a hip-hop artist, gave him a chance to redeem himself, sentencing him to house arrest and clearing the way for his immediate release.”
The reaction among his supporters in the courtroom, which included his mother, as well as Atlantic Records executives who flew down from New York to vouch for him, was one of elation. But when he was about to be released, deputies at the jail discovered two outstanding warrants, one involving a misdemeanor drug-related case in St. Lucie County, and the other, a sex charge from South Carolina. So the Broward jail was where he remained.
In South Carolina, a criminal sexual conduct charge means a victim could be forced to have sex through aggravated force, during a kidnapping or while physically helpless due to the influence of a controlled substance, the Sun-Sentinel reports. It carries a punishment of up to 30 years in prison.
We will continue to keep you updated as more news surfaces about Kodak Black’s case.
These 12 Rappers Lost Weight & Look Better Than Ever
22 photos Launch gallery
1. Missy Elliott was one of the biggest stars of the '90s.
1 of 22
2. Now she's known as one of the best producers of all time and looks better than ever.
2 of 22
3. Rick Ross has always been a big boss.
3 of 22
4. Now the rapper just comes in a smaller package—75 pounds smaller (and counting).
4 of 22
5. Dr. Dre was a comfortable producer from Compton.
5 of 22
6. Then he started hitting the gym as much as the studio...and voilà.
6 of 22
7. David Banner went from wild rapper...
7 of 22
8. To superconscious king.
8 of 22
9. Timbaland's larger than life beats won everyone over in the '90s.
9 of 22
10. But both his beats and his health have gotten even better over the years.
10 of 22
11. Before heading to prison, Remy Ma was a carefree girl from the Bronx.
11 of 22
12. Remy came home as a grown woman who is clearly about that gym life.
12 of 22
13. Waka Flocka came in the game as a wild boy.
13 of 22
14. There's nothing in the world that Queen Latifah can't do.
14 of 22
15. ...Including lose lots of weight while still managing to look like her fine self.
15 of 22
16. Scarface never let the industry change him.
16 of 22
17. But the rapper has become more health conscious and feels he's happier because of it.
17 of 22
18. Jadakiss has been a fire emcee for over 20 years.
18 of 22
19. With his weight loss, he still looks the same as he did 20 years ago.
19 of 22
20. Fat Joe may have to change his name after his drastic weight loss.
Source:Radio One Houston
20 of 22
21. These days, he's Fly Joe.
21 of 22
22. Paul Wall looks like a completely different person. Still tippin'.
22 of 22