Source: Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty
Late last year, The Game was ordered to pay Priscilla Rainey after she claimed he sexually assaulted her on set of his reality show back in 2015. After winning $7.1 million in the court case, Rainey spoke up and said it was “never about the money.” Now, after the rapper’s attempt to appeal the jury’s decision, new details have emerged.
In documents revealed by Bossip, we learn Game allegedly assaulted the young woman on stage in front of a crowd. The site writes, “Rainey asked a judge to nix The Game’s request for a new trial and for the millions in damages he’s on he hook for to be lowered because he said he didn’t get a fair trial.
In court docs filed on New Year’s Eve, Rainey said the jury was right in awarding the $7.1 million judgment against the rapper – who was born Jayceon Taylor – and said she was left devastated when he molested her on stage during an after-hours date at an Illinois club.
Rainey’s rebuttal to Game’s appeal reads in part: “First, she was literally up on a stage in front of a crowd when the Defendant sexually abused her. Second, the Defendant used his celebrity status to obtain the opportunity to abuse Ms. Rainey. And third, when Ms. Rainey chose to file suit to vindicate her interests at a time when she was in counseling trying to heal, the Defendant forced her to re-live the sexual assaults through his vicious social media attack on her.”
It continues, “The jury had before it evidence of highly reprehensible conduct, intentionally committed in the most humiliating and degrading way, and responded appropriately in rewarding punitive damages.”
A jury in federal civil court awarded Rainey $6 million in punitive damages, plus $1.1 million more in compensatory damages. What are your thoughts on The Game having to pay up?
39 Photos Of The Game's Daughter Being The Adorable Kid She Is
39 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Miss Cali is way too cute for words.
1 of 39
2. She's all about peace...
2 of 39
3. She loves her daddy...
3 of 39
4. & Sh's a natural born model.
4 of 39
5. At just 3-years-old, Cali already has her makeup right.
5 of 39
6. Her style is impeccable...
6 of 39
7. ... And so is her smile!
7 of 39
8. Cali knows when to get her beauty sleep.
8 of 39
9. Her poses are always on point.
9 of 39
10. Plus, the light eyes get her daddy every time !
10 of 39
11. Cali Dream Taylor is simply beautiful.
11 of 39
12. Baby hair flossin'!
12 of 39
13. Even Mickey loves her...
13 of 39
14. A picture paints a thousand words...
14 of 39
15. Awe, super throwback!
15 of 39
16. Hey, Daddy!
16 of 39
17. & Werk!
17 of 39
18. The Game loves his little girl...
18 of 39
19. How could you not love those chubby cheeks?
19 of 39
20. Pretty in pink!
20 of 39
21. Cali got her sneaker game right.
21 of 39
22. Cali's obviously the cutest girl around.
22 of 39
23 of 39
24. Cali hit up the Arsenio Hall Show and shut it down.
24 of 39
25. There's no cuter kid... seriously.
25 of 39
26. Cali got options.
26 of 39
27. Shine bright like a diamond!
27 of 39
28 of 39
29. Awe, how precious is Cali?!
29 of 39
30. Cali hit up the Arsenio Hall Show and shut it down with her charm.
30 of 39
31. Cali is all smiles with her Dora tee on.
31 of 39
32. Cali is so sassy with her hands on her hip!
32 of 39
33 of 39
34. They crack each other up.
34 of 39
35. She woke up like this, she woke up like this.
35 of 39
36. Look at that smile!
36 of 39
37. She's too cute!
37 of 39
38. The Game spotted his girl sleeping soundly.
38 of 39
39. Cali hit up Revolt TV and shut it down.
39 of 39