Source: Jason LaVeris / Getty
Pharrell Williams appeared on Ellen DeGeneres‘ show and gave his honest opinion about Kim Burrell‘s recent statements condemning homosexuality.
Burrell was supposed to perform the Hidden Figures lead track “I See A Victory” on The Ellen Show, alongside Janelle Monåe and Pharrell, but was quickly relieved of her singing duties when Ellen caught wind of her rant.
Now, the super producer has something to say about it.
“There’s no space, there’s no room for any kind of prejudice in 2017 or moving on. There’s no room,” he begins. “She’s a fantastic singer and I love her, just like I love everybody else… we all have to get used to everyone’s differences and understand that this is a big, gigantic, beautiful, colorful world and it only works with inclusion and empathy.”
Source: NBC / Getty
Well said. He also dishes on expecting his second child with wife Helen Lasichanh, being nominated for a Golden Globe after writing the entire Hidden Figures soundtrack, female achievement being “grossly ignored and overlooked,” and more.
Watch the clip above and if you missed Kim Burrell’s thoughts on the gay community, tune in here.
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.
16 of 16