Source: Kyle Goldberg / GlobalGrind
Taxstone just received a small break following his arrest earlier this week for involvement in the Irving Plaza shooting incident last year.
Billboard reports that the “Tax Season” podcast host has posted $500,000 bail after pleading not guilty to charges of possession of a firearm by a felon and receiving a firearm by interstate commerce. He was required to put up at least $350,000 in cash or property. Tax has been placed on house arrest and is only allowed to leave his home to record his podcast and for court-approved work-related activities.
The internet personality, whose real name Daryl Campbell, posted bail after Assistant District Attorney Hagan Scotten expressed his belief that Taxstone let off the shot that ultimately killed Ronald “Banga” McPhatter during the concert shooting last May. Scotten said in court while fighting against Tax’s release, “He had a gun in his hand and he murdered someone.”
Fox 5 News reporter Lisa Evers recently offered some insight into Taxstone’s role in the shooting in a video clip, saying,“The other thing that he [Assistant District Attorney] said was in the past two months somebody started to talk. So, it seems like they either picked somebody up who wanted to bargain with them or get a reduced charge or something like that.”
Although Tax was hit with a federal weapons possession charge, he has not been charged for murder.
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
10 photos Launch gallery
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."
1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."
2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."
3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."
4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"
5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"
6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"
7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"
8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."
9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."
10 of 10