History becomes most vivid when it’s told through stories, and that’s exactly what Larenz Tate is betting on with his new series Bronzeville.
The actor is launching the first-ever “podcast movie” on Global Grind next week, with the goal of putting Chicago’s current political climate in the context of the city’s history with the African-American community. In other words, if you think things are bad now, wait till you see what Black folks had to go through in the 1940s.
The overall message of the series is positive, though, proving that the Black community will rise no matter what happens, or who is in the White House. What’s more, Bronzeville boasts a seriously A-list cast: Tate, Laurence Fishburne, Omari Hardwick, Tracee Ellis Ross, Tika Sumpter, Wood Harris and more.
Here’s your first preview of Bronzeville:
The full series of hour-long episodes launches February 7, right here on GlobalGrind.com
2017 SAG Awards: Black Girl Magic Was In Full Force On The Red Carpet
9 photos Launch gallery
1. Octavia Spencer was all smiles in her classic black ensemble.
1 of 9
2. Can Kerry Washington be any more stunning?
2 of 9
3. Taraji P. Henson was the star of the show.
3 of 9
4. Janelle Monae ditched her usual black and white suit for glam.
4 of 9
5. Tracee Ellis Ross kept it simple and elegant.
5 of 9
6. Viola Davis showed off her toned arms in this gorgeous number.
6 of 9
7. OITNB stars Samira Wiley and Jackie Cruz glowed while walking the carpet.
7 of 9
8. Denzel and Pauletta Washington brought black love to the SAGs.
8 of 9
9. Danielle Brooks had one of the best looks of the night.
9 of 9