The saying “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink” is ringing truer than ever for former President Barack Obama.
The New York Post reports that Robert M. Gill, whose life sentence on drug charges was commuted by Obama, is back behind bars after cops caught him with more than two pounds of cocaine following a high-speed chase.
According to federal court papers, Gill met with his probation officers and then went to the parking lot of a food market to buy more than two pounds of cocaine. He met a person who gave him a black backpack that he placed in his vehicle. A sheriff’s deputy in an unmarked car then tried to stop him. The former Texas inmate took off and embarked on a high-speed chase, in which he eventually collided with another vehicle and deputies were able to disable his car.
Officers found the cocaine in the backpack and arrested him. Gill’s lawyer, Ronald Schmidt, told reporters,“I’m so disappointed to hear that he got arrested again.” The former drug dealer was initially imprisoned in 1990 for cocaine and heroin distribution before Obama set him free along with 1,715 other nonviolent federal inmates in 2015.
Gill has been charged with possession with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of cocaine and was held without bail. He faces a return to prison for up to 40 years.
The Best Pics Of Barack Obama & His Cheesy Smile (PHOTOS)
33 photos Launch gallery
1. This is the "work is done" face.
1 of 33
2. That guy should watch out, Obama's smile is contagious!
2 of 33
3. Smile, it's a beautiful day.
3 of 33
4. Obama and his smile are at it again.
4 of 33
5. He's got some great pearly whites.
5 of 33
6. He has many reasons to flash his smile.
6 of 33
7. *Waves to the haters.*
7 of 33
8. Black tie and a smile is the best combination.
8 of 33
9. Obama and Biden: Bros for life.
9 of 33
10. Hesitant smile?
10 of 33
11. We moved "forward" with Obama in 2012.
11 of 33
12. After waving to his haters, he waved to his supporters.
12 of 33
13. What's up there? Oh, another reason to smile.
13 of 33
14. Hey there, people of America!
14 of 33
15. Smile, you're on Candid Camera.
15 of 33
16. Is Obama cheesy or nah?
16 of 33
17. America the beautiful with Obama's darling smile.
17 of 33
18. During one of speeches, the president made sure to smile to his supporters.
18 of 33
19. Bill can learn a thing or two from Obama's smiling game.
19 of 33
20. Say cheese!
20 of 33
21. President Obama is happy. Shouldn't we all feel the same?
21 of 33
22 of 33
23. "Hey you...smile!"
23 of 33
24. Let's all be happy like the president.
24 of 33
25. This is an "LOL" moment in real time.
25 of 33
26. He's not laughing at you...or is he?
26 of 33
27. Smiley aren't we?
27 of 33
28 of 33
29. Waves and smiles.
29 of 33
30. The "Oh, I see what you did there" look.
30 of 33
31. Obama has plenty of reasons to smile..he has Michelle.
31 of 33
32. The wind won't break his smile.
32 of 33
33. Doesn't he have the cheesiest smile ever?
33 of 33