Source: Frederick M. Brown / Getty
If you do the crime, you got to spend the dime — or almost $87K if you’re Katt Williams.
TMZ reports that a Georgia judge ordered the comedian to pay $86,715 to Paul Love, who sued Katt last year for allegedly punching him in the head when Love was ten weeks into recovering from brain surgery. Sources say that the legal victory for Love was easy, since Williams never responded to the suit and was not in court for Wednesday’s trial.
While awarding the damages to the victim, Judge B.E. Roberts III wrote that Williams showed “willful misconduct, malice and an entire want of care.” Along with the $54,000 in punitive damages, Love was awarded $6,500 in medical expenses, $13,000 for pain and suffering and $13,000 for intentional infliction of emotional distress, fright and anxiety.
As you may recall, Williams threw goggles at Love, who worked at a pool supply store, and then went behind the counter and punched Love in the face. The comedian also must pay $215 in court costs.
29 Pics Of Chris Brown In Court (PHOTOS)
29 photos Launch gallery
1. Chris Brown's 2013 Court Appearance.
1 of 29
2. The Washington, D.C. Courthouse Where Chris Brown Will Appear.
2 of 29
3. Chris Brown In Court.
3 of 29
4. Chris Brown With His Head Down In Court.
4 of 29
5. Chris Brown Sports New Specs In Court.
5 of 29
6. Chris Brown Listening To The Judge In Court.
6 of 29
7. Chris Brown Bows His Head In Court.
7 of 29
8. Chris Brown Looking Worried In Court.
8 of 29
9. Chris Brown In Court.
9 of 29
10. Chris Brown Looking Back At His Mother In Court.
10 of 29
11. Chris Brown Sporting A New Hair Cut.
11 of 29
12. Chris Brown Laying Down In Court.
12 of 29
13. Chris Brown and His Lawyer Working Out Details Of His Probation Agreement.
13 of 29
14. Chris Brown Leaving Court.
14 of 29
15. Chris Brown Outside The Court.
15 of 29
16. Chris Brown Leaving The Courthouse.
16 of 29
17. Chris Brown Sitting In Court.
17 of 29
18. Chris Brown In Court.
18 of 29
19. Chris Brown In All Black.
19 of 29
20. The Courthouse Where Chris Brown Will Appear In D.C.
20 of 29
21. Chris Brown In Court.
21 of 29
22. Chris Brown Going Through Paper Work In Court.
22 of 29
23. Chris Brown Listening To The Judge Speak.
23 of 29
24. Rihanna and Chris Brown's Mother In Silent Support.
24 of 29
25. Rihanna Appears With Chris Brown In Court.
25 of 29
26. Chris Brown Being Escorted Out Of The Courthouse.
26 of 29
27. Chris Brown Leaving The L.A. Courthouse.
27 of 29
28. Chris Brown Composed During His Court Appearance.
28 of 29
29. Chris Brown's Court Proceedings.
29 of 29