Source: colin Kaepernick / Getty
In the wake of Donald Trump‘s proposed budget plan for 2018, which would cut the federal funding for Meals on Wheels, Colin Kaepernick has donated $50,000 to the program.
The former quarterback, who’s had a problem finding a team after kneeling during the National Anthem, made headlines recently when he joined the campaign to get Somalia food and water and donated $50,000 to the social media campaign #LoveArmyForSomalia. Now he’s back with another great deed.
TIME reports: “Kaepernick and Trump have sparred often since the quarterback began kneeling before football games to protest police brutality and racial oppression. Trump again took a shot at Kaepernick on Monday night, telling a rally in Louisville, Kentucky, that the quarterback’s failure to get signed from a free agency was because NFL owners ‘don’t want to get a nasty tweet from Donald Trump.'”
It doesn’t get more petty than Trump… but when he goes low, we go high.
10 Powerful Photos Of Colin Kaepernick Looking Like Black Excellence
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Stand for something, or fall for anything.
1 of 8
2. Woke bae.
2 of 8
3. Leader of the pack.
3 of 8
4. "It's better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life."- Elizabeth Kenny
4 of 8
5. "It is our duty to fight for our freedom."- Assata Shakur
5 of 8
6. Dignity, Pride, Roots.
6 of 8
7. #KnowYourRightsOakland #KnowYourRightsCamp 📷: @ttime32
7 of 8
8. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. "- MLK
8 of 8