Source: Frazer Harrison / Getty
Are you ready to see Pharrell Williams‘ life story play out on the big screen?
A few weeks ago, the “Happy” Singer hit up Fox, alongside Life of Pi producer Gil Netter, and pitched Atlantis, a “Romeo and Juliet style story inspired by Williams’ childhood in Virginia Beach, Virginia,” The Hollywood Reporter writes.
According to the site, Lionsgate’s recent success with La La Land has studios wishing for their very own blockbuster musical. “Fox finally nabbed it last week,” the site goes on to reveal, adding “Michael Mayer, known for his Broadway work on Spring Awakening, for which he won a Tony Award, and American Idiot, is attached to direct. Martin Hynes, who is currently penning Toy Story 4, is attached to write Atlantis.”
We can’t wait for Pharrell’s latest project to hit theaters. Are you excited to see the ageless legend and recent dad to triplets get his very own film?
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.
16 of 16