Source: Johnny Nunez / Getty
It looks like your fave is about to level up in a major way.
A new report states Brooklyn rapper Tekashi69 is thisclose to inking a multi-million dollar deal with the same audio company that’s doing business with Blac Chyna. According to TMZ, 4.9 million dollars are on the line:
“TUNES Audio tells TMZ that details are being tweaked, but as part of the deal 6ix9ine will get his own exclusive color of TUNES headphones, which will be red and promoted by the rapper. A percentage of sales will also go to charity.”
So, why Tekashi? Apparently, “the company says they think he’s the ‘new proclaimed king of NY’ and they’re looking to rule the headphones market.”
10 Rappers With Unexpected Side Businesses
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he's teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called "The Williams Family Kitchen" inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.
1 of 10
2. 2 Chainz never forgets where he came from. The rapper once revealed that he's a landlord in his hometown of Atlanta.
2 of 10
3. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.
3 of 10
4. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!
4 of 10
5. Cam'ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He's had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.
5 of 10
6. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.
6 of 10
7. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.
7 of 10
8. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.
8 of 10
9. LL Cool J has been making moves since his career started many years ago. The rapper released a children’s book called "And the Winner Is…. ". It comes with a CD and is part of a Scholastic series called Hip Kid Hop. It's still available on Amazon.
9 of 10
10. Back in 2008, E-40 invested in Icepiks by E.D.K.O.: A studded toothpick held in the teeth of celebs like Chris Brown and Ja Rule for stylish purposes.
10 of 10