When it comes to fashion, Zoe Kravitz can literally do no wrong. The actress has managed to transform herself into a style icon right before our eyes, and we’ve appreciated every level of the evolution. But where does a style icon like Zoe get her style inspiration from? Her dope a*** parents of course.
The Big Little Lies star once said about her style:
“I’m pretty much a thrift shop gal. Flea markets on Sundays. My style is very inspired by both my parents, so we all have the same taste. You can tell when someone is driven by labels. If something is couture, they think it’s important and wear it and sometimes make a terrible fashion mistake. People are shocked that I know so little about designers.”
When she first hit the scene as an actress in 2006, Zoe’s style was very cozy, bohemian and free spirited. These days, not much has changed about her laid-back, down to earth style — but the star has upgraded her overall image to match her more mature, posh lifestyle.
We’re not the only ones who’ve noticed Zoe’s glo’ up over the years. Back in 2015, InStyle gave her the Breakthrough Style Award, and her mom, Lisa Bonet, presented it to her. ICONIC.
In honor of Zoe celebrating her Dirty Thirty today, check out these classic photos of the star’s flawless style evolution.
1. Zoe rocks flare jeans in 2005.Source:Wenn
2. Zoe looks sweet and innocent on the red carpet in 2007.Source:Wenn
3. Zoe chops her bangs for a slightly darker look.Source:Wenn
4. Zoe’s personal style gets an edge.Source:Wenn
5. Zoe rocks bold print and a slit on the red carpet.Source:Wenn
6. All grown up. Zoe channels Michelle Pfeiffer in “Scarface” and nails it.Source:Wenn
7. Zoe strolls through NYC in quirky hat and sunglasses.Source:Wenn
8. Zoe looks cute and stylish in white mini dress and blue tights.Source:Wenn
9. Zoe shows some skin in all black everything.Source:Wenn
10. More skin and more all black everything.Source:Wenn
11. Zoe takes a break on the darker colors and goes for a more angelic look.Source:Wenn
12. It’s safe to say Zoe Kravitz is a definite fan of all black everything.Source:Instagram
13. Zoe looks cozy and fashion forward in NYC.Source:Wenn
14. Zoe rocks platinum blonde hair and a plunging red dress for the red carpet.Source:Wenn
15. Zoe ditches her blonde locks for braids instead. And everyone approved.Source:Instagram
16. Zoe looks cool and stylish in NYC.Source:Wenn
17. Zoe looks sleek and sophisticated and lets her long hair flourish in a black dress.Source:Wenn
18. Grown and sexy.Source:Wenn
19. Met Gala 2017.Source:Getty