1. Selena was only 17-years-old when she signed her first contract with Coca-Cola for $75,000.
2. Selena made her own stage costumes by gluing Swarovski crystals on her bras.
3. Selena was the first Latin artist to debut on the Billboard charts at number one.
4. After her death, there was a big spike in the number of girls being named Selena.
5. Selena dropped out of high school and earned her GED so she could perform full time. This was how her family made a living.
6. Tejano music became directionless after Selena’s death.
7. Selena made a cameo on the popular Spanish TV novela “Dos Mujeres, Un Camino” in 1993.
8. Selena owned a motorcycle.
9. After her death, an estimated 100,000 people showed up to Selena’s public viewing at the convention center in Corpus Christi.
10. Selena Quintanilla-PerezSource:Getty
You May Also Like